Monday, October 6, 2008

Surgery Postponement

As many of you know, Jackson was scheduled for palate surgery this Wednesday. Unfortunately, Jackson woke up sick today with an upper respiratory infection. He was put on antibiotics, but as any type of respiratory illness amplifies the risks of anethesiology, it is highly likely that his surgery will be rescheduled. We called CHLA today, and we are supposed to hear back this afternoon in regards to whether or not we will move forward. This is very disappointing for us, but also important that we take every necessary precaution. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Anne-Therese said...

Oh I'm so sorry... I'll be praying for quick recovery! Love you guys!

Joy Howse said...

I know how frustrating a reschedule can be when we as mommies just want it to be over with. I pray that Jackson has a speedy recovery and that they are able to schedule him immediately following. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Oh, so sorry - that Jackson is ill and that all is postponed for now.
Things are hard to understand sometimes, but am thankful that he came down sick after he had been operated on. But, I can only sense the delay; everything having been awaited and planned. I'm praying; also, that you dear parents stay well. I love you, Grandma and GeeGee

Unknown said...

Oops, I meant to say "that he didn't come down sick AFTER having surgery. Also, sense the frustration of the delay. I should have previewed what I wrote. Love, Grandma