Friday, January 6, 2012

4 Years Old



One of my resolutions for 2012 is to blog again about my beautiful Jackson. Wow... has he changed our lives. Every year that goes by I am amazed at the beauty I see in my firstborn son. He loves life! He loves people! He loves... And he's not ashamed to show it! (If you've ever met Jackson, you know what I'm talking about.)

I fight tears every time I think of how he entered this world... I watch the video we made for him and find myself sobbing by the end. What an amazing boy. What a gift. What a beautiful glimpse into this imperfect life that we live... but how so much beauty can be found in its imperfection.

Jackson turns 4 tomorrow. And I couldn't be more thankful for the boy that made me a mother. He has changed me. Made me better. Made me stronger. And made me open my eyes to the beauty that surrounds me every day if I just open my heart.

I love you, Jackson. Happy 4th Birthday!

4 comments:

Tom Wright said...

Beautiful words and deep sentiment, Halle. What a ride he has taken to get where he is. He is indeed a wonderful treasure and time will prove the gift he is to all of us. Very moving... HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY, JACK-ATTACK! GrandDad

Meghan Elaine said...

That was beautiful! I hope you start blogging again. I kept you on my list thinking maybe... :) Hope you guys are well. Happy birthday Jackson!

emilypatterson said...

Halle,
I am a fan of your blog and I hope you continue to keep it up as I think it is important for famlies like mine. I am a carrier of SGBS and although I do not have kids my diagnosis is very much effecting family planning and I would love to chat with you about it. If you would have the tamie and/or are intersted in speaking my email address is pattersin.emilyj@gmail.com Thanks!

Will Francis said...

I just found your blog. I have SGBS and so i've lived through many doctors visits, and many stories from my mother about what a miracle my life has been (plenty of medical issues as a baby, as I see your son has had). Thank you for posting this about your son, I'm now 23 and have only stories about what I passed through when I was young. Your actions in putting it in writing will be a source of strength for your son as he gets older.